In just two decades, almost one in every five Virginians will be age 65 or older and on the global scale, by 2050, 1 in 4 persons in developed countries will be over 65. Providing an option of in-home care for senior living redirects from the trauma and loss of continuing environmental patterns that comes from relocation to an elderly care facility while affording one opportunity to age in place and maintain independence.
Independence Senior Care is licensed by the Virginia Department of Health, bonded and insured. Our caregivers are highly qualified and screened Geriatric Nursing Aides, Certified Nursing Aides, Personal Care Aides and companions.
Many of our clients at Independent Senior Care have been referred to us by families of other satisfied clients utilizing our senior services. References are available on request.
We accept long-term care insurance and will be glad to assist you and your family with insurance claims.
- Personal care and companion care available 24/7
- Assistance with activities of daily senior living, including medication management and reminders
- In-home meal planning, preparation and clean-up
- Personal care for dementia, Alzheimer’s and hospice patients
- Transportation and accompaniment to shopping, dining, and medical appointments
- Ambulation, transferring and lifting assistance
- Light housekeeping, laundry, and changing linens
- Additional care at assisted living facilities, rehab centers, hospitals
- Respite care for caregivers
If you are having trouble with your insurance, the Virginia Insurance Counseling and Assistance Program (VICAP) is part of a nationwide network of health insurance assistance programs. Locally, VICAP is sponsored by Senior Connections, The Capital Area Agency on Aging. Trained volunteer counselors assist seniors with Medicare and help seniors and caregivers understand and compare Medicare and other health insurance benefits.
VICAP counselors are not associated with any insurance company and do not sell insurance products. Counseling is non-biased, confidential and free. Counseling is usually by phone, but if necessary, counselors may meet with clients at Senior Connections.
VICAP counselors provide information on:
- Medicare (for seniors and the disabled under 65 with Medicare)
- Medicare Supplemental Insurance
- Medicare Advantage
- Medicare Prescription Drug Plan (Part D)
- Extra help for Part D
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Medicare Savings Programs for help with Medicare premiums, deductibles and co-payments
- Understanding medical and insurance statements
- Filing claims and appeals
- Medicare and Medicaid Fraud and Abuse
For assistance please call the VICAP Intake Line at 804-343-3014 to leave your question or a brief description of your problem along with your name and phone number. A counselor will contact you in the order in which your call was received. If you would like a speaker for your group, please leave your request on the intake line. You may also send an e-mail to email@example.com.